Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Tale of Two Sweaters

Last week I was at Target and I decided to buy Johnathan and I new winter sweaters.

Alex's Sweater: 
A couple of years ago my friend Kelsey and I were shopping at Target on the very same quest, buying sweaters. I bought a green cardigan sweater and Kelsey bought a navy blue cardigan. Although my sweater was to my liking, I couldn't help but  long for Kelsey's sweater. After all, it was a great color and it was adorable, more so than the sweater I bought. I have to admit that since that winter I have searched store after store in a quest to find a navy blue sweater. Through the years, I either failed to find the sweater or found ones that just weren't good enough. But, I am happy to say that I stand before you today a woman who finally owns a navy blue cardigan sweater. It might not be as cute as Kelsey's, but, I have to say, I am quite satisfied. Below is a picture of my long awaited purchase.
Johnathan's Sweater:
When Johnathan and I got married he told me I could be in charge of buying his clothes. Naturally, this thrilled me because what could be more exciting than dressing a man in classy outfits. As a matter of fact, in high school one of the main reasons I wanted a boyfriend was so I could dress him. Now that I have myself man, I can do all the dressing I want. While at Target I went on a search to buy Johnathan winter apparel. As I searched the store I found nothing to my liking. But just as I was about to give up I spotted a wonderful cardigan sweater. The only thing better than dressing a man is dressing him in a cardigan. When a man wears a cardigan sweater it says, "I am sophisticated and dress like a gentleman." For that reason I bought the sweater, and good thing, because Johnathan has never looked better. See for yourself

3 comments:

kelsey said...

Wow, I had no idea you coveted my sweater so much! We could have both bought it, though we were always together in those days so it might not have worked...

I am glad you found such stylish sweaters and I have to agree that you guys have never looked so good!

Kristine hipps said...

You both look mah-velous, dahling!

kelsey said...

Come on Alex, you can't start a blog and have people come to rely on it as valuable reading material while eating breakfast in the morning, and then never post anything. It's just not fair.

Please don't make us wait much longer for another update.