Friday, February 6, 2009

What's In a Name. . .

Throughout my life, my name, Alexandra, has done me no harm and I have gotten through life not having any problems with it. However, other interpretations of the name would suggest otherwise. For example, there is a book, "Don't Name Your Baby," that basically goes through names and says what is wrong with them. Although many of them are mean, my name is just plain rude and personally insulting. The passage reads: "Alexandra- Cold as a chandelier and understated as a tiara on a drag queen. Names that reek diamonds and fur. Most girls with these names do not actually adopt them until they are post-menopausal and mean." OUCH! I mean this author had some personal vendetta against Alexandra's and assumed all were horrible. Now you may be thinking that this was a one time thing, that is where you be wrong. I just read a blog by Kristine Hipps that led me to a website that reveals the secrets of your name. Naturally, this page brought about my curiosity. I, however, read somewhat apprehensively due to my last encounter of my name's interpretation.  As I read I came upon this token of joy, " You are restrained in your passions. . . You have a tendency to be unfaithful." So basically this new interpretation revels that I am a bit "worldly" and may possibly cheat on my husband. First I'm trashy and mean and now I'm unfaithful. So, what's in my name? Nothing but terrible things. Luckily, however, I don't live up to any of my name's expectations. But you never know, these attributes may not might show up until I am "post menopausal and mean."
I mean, what's a girl to do?

5 comments:

Kara said...

oh alexandra... you are so funny! I know, I miss you too soooo much! We have no couple friends here and it's so boring :(

kelsey said...

Remember how all the Barnes and Noble employees asked you if you were ok after they read your name entry in that book? Mine just suggested that I'm a NASCAR loving hick, but they really went for the jugular with you. Don't worry, I don't think any of it's true, at least not that I can tell...

Kristine hipps said...

Fagedaboudit (pronounce this like you're in the mafia). A rose by any other name still smells just as sweet - not that you smell, but you are wonderful enough to overcome those petty, jealous slanderers. Did you look up "Alex" to see if it was different? Although, the tiara wearing drag queen definition might scare you away from that source, too. Sheesh! What were your parents thinking?! Oh, I know. That their beautiful new baby deserved a beautiful name. Let those plain Jane advocates go straight to ...

Kristine hipps said...

Sorry about that comment. I got carried away. Please don't block me for my rash offensiveness ;)

dwjflindt said...

Ya that sounds about right!