Friday, December 19, 2008

Infamous, Infamous beard card that I know all of you have been waiting to hear about

Mustaches are out 
(no offense to the mustacher crowd but have you ever though of just going for the whole deal.  You can offer  the rest of your face the security it needs by growing a full beard and not just flattering your upper lip.  Your face will thank you.).

Hello, this is the first post that I am making so I hope that you can feel the joy of what I am about to write as much as I can.  From the beginning of time when I was a young child and had, for the first time, witnessed my dad shaving his face I had aspired to be like him and shave.  He even bought me a little plastic razor and shaving cream so that I could practice.  I watched his every movement and trying to mimic his exact movements, watching him take be come the master of the blade was electrifying.  I wanted to become the master of the blade.  I practiced and practiced day and night my techniques for I was determined to never cut myself like so many people do.  I would have that plastic razor enshrined in my living room if the razor had not have molded.  You see I would shave 3-5 times a day with this plastic razor and you know that it would never be able to fully dry in-between shavings an so mold began to grow.  But I loved that razor and would still use it until the day that the mold had taken over and I could not even see the fake plastic blade any more.  So I tossed it.  Yet I longed to be able to shave.  Then the time came during my time at junior high, I believe it is referred to as puberty by some.  I was so excited I began to shave the few straggly hairs that began to bloom on my face.  It was great and I never cut myself (thanks dad).  Then in High School I got even more facial hair and wanted to shave that too but it was a little harder and sometimes I had to trim the hair before I could shave.  It became a monotonous process that I was quickly finding out that I did not actually like it.  It became to much.  It would haunt me in my dreams.  So I stopped shaving and a peace had come over me telling me that "You are to be bearded my son"  It was great. I then got a beard trimmer to more fully embrace my conversion.  I do not look down upon the shaved they are good people.  Well since I started at BYU there is a dress code and you can't have a beard.  So I shaved and it was inconvenient and it hurt(physically), it really hurt(emotionally).  I then found out that there were beard wavers available and so I did some investigatory sloothing.  I found out that I could set up an appointment with one of the doctors on campus to see if I qualify for a waiver.  Well to make this long post a little shorter(by the way I hope you are enjoying my story) I ended up receiving a beard waiver.  Now I will be able to become fully converted to the beard but only for a year cause then I have to renew the waiver.  Well that is some exciting news for a man who was once an avid shaver converted to beardism to be able to grow a beard again.  Thank you for your time.  

Johnathan Kingsley






















3 comments:

kelsey said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it (get the card I mean).

Kara said...

ok, is the picture on the certificate real? or has it been embellished?

Minharos said...

Levy says congratulations, and he wants to know how you did it (shave I mean)

Just kidding- how did you get approved for the card???